Municipal Facilities 市内の施設
Wanagaya Sports Centre 和名ヶ谷スポーツセンター
About Wanagaya Sports Centre
The Wanagaya Sports Center is a public health and wellness facility in Matsudo City, complete with swimming pools, multipurpose halls, a fitness gym and a Japanese bath, etc.
Matsudo City's Coordinator of International Relations Erin paid a visit to the Center in late 2016. Read about her impressions of their facilities by clicking here.
We are operating under limitations established to reduce the risk of novel coronavirus transmission
※By making a reservation over the phone, the heated swimming pool and training room can be reserved for 2-hour blocks a week in advance.
Municipal outdoor swimming pools, summer operating hours 屋外市営プールの夏季営業期間
There are several municipally-operated outdoor swimming pools that are open during the summer months, as follows -
Operating period 2020: August 1st - August 31st
- Matsudo Athletics Park Pool
Address: Kamihongo 4434
TEL: 047-363-9554 (pool office)
Parking: 187 spaces
- Shin Matsudo Pool
Address: Shin Matsudo Minami 2-3
Parking: Nil (bicycle parking available)
※Scheduled closures 2019: Mon July 1st, Mon July 8th
- Tobu Sports Park Pool
Address: Takatsuka-shinden 427
※Scheduled closures 2019: Mon July 1st, Mon July 8th, Tue July 16th
Entry to the pool is for two hours at a time, divided into three available sessions daily.
- First session: 9am-11am
- Second session: Midday-2pm
- Third session: 3pm-5pm
Adult: 200 yen
Middle-school age and below: FREE
※The entry fee covers one 2-hour session
Please abide by the following rules when using the municipal outdoor swimming pools -
- Please refrain from using the pool if you suffer from a communicable disease
- All young children need to be accompanied by a guardian, at a ratio of 1 to 1. Children who are not yet toilet-trained are unable to use the pool (the use of swimming diapers is also prohibited)
- The use of the 50m pool is limited to patrons 10 years and older. Younger children must be accompanied by a guardian
- The use of flotation devices is limited to the children's pool
- All patrons must wear a swimsuit (swimming in one's underwear is not permitted)
- Glass bottles and aluminium cans are not to be brought into the pool grounds (PET bottles and other drink bottles are permitted)
- The use of goggles within the pool should be limited to swimming goggles
- No jumping into the pool
- The use of sun oils is prohibited
- Please remove all watches, earrings and other jewellery before entering the pool
- Please do not bring any food into the pool grounds
- Smoking is prohibited within the pool grounds
Matsudo City Municipal Libraries 松戸市立図書館
Information in English about how to utilise Matsudo City's public library services can be found at the following webpage -
Mirai Bunko (Yakan chugaku : evening classes at junior high school) みらい分校（夜間中学について
“Matsudo Daiichi Junior High School - Mirai Bunko” is the first night junior high school to open in Matsudo since the enforcement of Act to Guarantee Access to Supplementary Learning. (“Mirai Bunko” roughly translates to “The future branch school”). Those who wish to enroll in, please contact us after reading the following information.
Application for Mirai Bunko Spring 2021 Enrollment
We are accepting enrollment applications for the Spring 2021 semester. Please note that there may be changes to the enrollment trial schedule, etc. depending on the Novel Coronavirus infection situation.
Enrollment Application for the Spring 2021 Semester
Application Period: From February 15th (Mon.) and March 5th (Fri.)
Where to Apply
Matsudo Board of Education, School Affairs Div.
* Please make sure to bring a document(s) proving your age and address. (i.e. driver’s license, residence card, etc.)
School Tours and Consultations
Dates: Feb. 26 (Fri.), Mar. 01 (Mon.), Mar. 03 (Wed.), Mar. 04 (Thu.), and Mar. 05 (Fri.)
Please participate in a school tour on one of the dates above. Respective students will receive a briefing and attend classes for 2 hours at Mirai Bunko, then fill out an “Enrollment Trial Application.”
Those who wish to be admitted to the school will need to participate in the enrollment trial and apply for enrollment as described below.
Enrollment Trial and School Admission Process
Period for Enrollment Trial: From Mar. 08 (Mon.) to Mar. 19 (Fri.) (No classes on Mar. 16 (Wed.) )
The student will attend 4-hour classes every day for 2 weeks.
Those who wish to enroll in Spring 2021 courses at Mirai Bunko will fill out and submit an application for enrollment on the last day of the enrollment trial.
Start Date for the Spring 2021 Semester
April 8th, 2021 (Thu.)
About Mirai Bunko
Mirai Bunko is a public night junior high school.
- Classes are held 5 days a week, approximately 200 days a year
- Students will study junior high school’s curriculum
- Certified teacher will teach the classes
- You can obtain a diploma if you study hard enough
- There’s no charge for the classes
Who can enroll in Mirai Bunko?
Those who satisfy all following conditions are eligible to enroll in Mirai Bunko.
1. Aged over 15, and passed the age set for receiving compulsory education
2. Lives in Matsudo City
※ If your residence is at another city in Chiba prefecture other than Matsudo, you need to acquire “Fukushin-sho” (the permission) from your city.
3. Has not graduated junior high school, or wishes to re-study for some reason such as absenteeism, etc.
4. Does not have a problem with the Mirai Bunko’s time schedule and learning
A day at Mirai Bunko
|5:20 pm to 5:25 pm||Homeroom activities|
|5:25 pm to 6:05 pm||First period|
|6:10 pm to 6:50 pm||Second period|
|6:50 pm to 7:15 pm||Break|
|7:15 pm to 7:55 pm||Third period|
|8:00 pm to 8:40 pm||Fourth period|
|8:40 pm to 8:45 pm||Cleaning and homeroom activities|
Mirai Bunko’s Address
Kogasaki 1-3073, Matsudo (the former Kogasaki Minami Elementary School)
Map of surrounding area
PDF形式のファイルを開くには、Adobe Acrobat Reader DC（旧Adobe Reader）が必要です。